The Icelandic Amateur Theater Association (BIL) will organise the VI Official NEATA Festival 2010 in co-operation with the Nordic Culture Fond, the Icelandic Ministry of Culture, Akureyri Town Government, The Cultural House HOF in Akureyri and the North European Amateur Theatre Alliance (NEATA).
We would like to welcome amateur theatre groups from all the NEATA countries and one group from the CEC. Invited are one group from each country: Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden, CEC and two groups from Iceland.
Dates: Arrival of participants on Tuesday, August 10th, 2010
Departure on Sunday, August 15th, 2010
Venue: The Culture House HOF, Akureyri, Iceland
Performance: Festival theme; Human – Nature – Art of the Heart The festival focuses on people and their dealings with nature, both in the sense of natural forces, environment etc, and the struggle with their own nature: desires, hatreds, prejudices and needs. The festival performances should not exceed 90 minutes.
Applications: The National Centres will select the performances for the festival and will send the application form to the festival organizers. The participation should be confirmed and the application material should reach the Icelandic Amateur Theatre Centre by 1st of March, 2010.
(Note! To fill in the application you need to have Adobe Reader installed. If you do not have it you can download it for free by clicking here. This applies both to Windows and Apple operating systems.)
1. Download the application here: neata_vi_application.pdf
2. Open the PDF application in Adobe Reader and fill it in.
3. When you have finsihed the application click on the button in the application to submit it.
4. a. If your default e-mail application is Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail or similar, an e-mail containing the application will be opened.
4. b If you use Web-based mail you need to save the application to your hard drive, create an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the application in the e-mail as an attachment.
5. Add all requested attachments. (See the list in the application. If an attachment is not ready include a comment explaining that).
6. Send the e-mail to email@example.com. To be on the safe side you can send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(NOTE! No more than 3 days after you have submitted the application, you should receive a confirmation of it’s receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation within 3 days send an enquiry to email@example.com.)
Expenses: The organizers will take care of the costs for max 10 participants in each group (accommodation, meals, local transportation in Akureyri and tickets for performances as well as free admission to workshops and discussions). International travel costs, medical insurance and other costs are the responsibility of participants.
Note that all the invited countries can apply for travel grants to Nordic Culture Point (Kulturkontakt Nord). See details at: http://www.kknord.org.
Programme: 11 theatre performances, 3 workshops, discussions and more ..
We aim for a big festival with lots of interesting theatre and other activity together with amateur theatre people from the countries above, exchanging artistic views and experiences for the purpose of further cooperation in the future.